27th September 2022 – (Hong Kong) At around 6am today, a warehouse at Shek Wu San Tsuen, Sheung Shui caught fire. Black smoke billowed into the sky and was clearly visible in the distance. Firefighters arrived at the scene to put out the fire about an hour later. During the incident, 35 villagers evacuated by themselves, but fortunately no one was injured. The warehouse was severely burned, and the zinc roof was burned to scrap.
The warehouse contained building materials on the ground floor and an office upstairs. It was initially suspected that the fire was caused by a short circuit of an air conditioner.