Unoccupied apartment at tenement building in Sham Shui Po catches fire

241

8th April 2021 – (Hong Kong) A fire broke out in a tenement building in Sham Shui Po. At around 7am this morning (8th), a tenement unit at No. 165 Yee Kuk Street in Sham Shui Po suddenly caught fire. The fire spread to the staircase and the windows of the burning unit shattered to pieces.

Several passers-by noticed the fire and called the police for help. The firefighters arrived at the scene to fight the blaze and sent a search and rescue team to located for injured victims in the building. No one was injured in the fire. Several residents of the building evacuated to a safe place to take shelter on their own. It is initially believed that the burning unit has been vacant. The cause of the fire remains to be investigated.

Comments