Two lifeguards injured by leaked chlorine gas from water treatment chemicals used for pool at HK Ocean Park Marriot Hotel

- 1 MIN READ
Picture credit : Apple Daily

At around 10am this morning, a chlorine leak incident occurred at Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriot Hotel which just commenced its official opening on Tuesday this week. Police and firemen rushed to the scene after receiving a call by a hotel staff reporting the incident. Two lifeguards at the hotel pool were injured after momentarily exposing themselves to the leaked chlorine gas from water treatment chemicals.

They were admitted to hospital for treatment after suffering from eye irritation and difficulties in breathing. Firemen poured the remaining liquid onto the ground and diluted it with water.

The case has been classified as industrial accident and hotel guests were not evacuated during the ordeal.

Water treatment chemicals for the hotel pool. Picture credit: Apple Daily
Picture credit : Apple Daily
Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriot Hotel
Facebook Comments
Home / News / Local / Two lifeguards injured by leaked chlorine gas from water treatment chemicals used...