Temperature in HK may drop sharply to around 12°C on 2nd December

2256

23rd November 2022 – (Hong Kong) According to Hong Kong Observatory, a fresh to strong northeast monsoon will continue to affect the coast of Guangdong tomorrow. The upper-air disturbances now affecting the region will depart in the following couple of days, rain will ease off gradually. Winds will be weak with improving weather over the coast of Guangdong early next week. It will be rather warm during the day. Under the influence of an intense northeast monsoon, temperatures will fall appreciably over southern China in the middle and latter parts of next week.

According to the minimum temperature probability forecast automatically generated by the Observatory’s computer, the minimum temperature in the urban area has a 60% chance of reaching 24°C on 30th November before dropping sharply. On 2nd December, there is a 40% to 50% chance of falling further to around 12°C, and there is a 40% to 50% chance that the minimum temperature will continue to hover below 14°C on 5th December. In addition, according to the Observatory’s “Automatic Regional Weather Forecast”, the temperature will drop sharply on Thursday, 1st December, and the lowest temperature in Ta Kwu Ling will be only 12°C. The temperature in Shek Kong, Lau Fau Shan, Sheung Shui, and Tai Po will reach 14°C, while in other areas the temperature will range between 15°C and 16°C.

Source: Hong Kong Observatory
Comments