South Asian gang robs Pakistani men in Kwai Chung, steals truck with HK$28 million worth of mobile phones, vehicle burned in Pat Heung

Tong Yan San Tsuen West Road. Picture for illustration purpose only.

2nd December 2023 – (Hong Kong) Two Pakistani men were found injured by a security guard in Tong Yan San Tsuen West Road, Yuen Long, at approximately 11pm last night (1st). The guard promptly reported the incident to seek assistance. Law enforcement officers arrived at the scene and conducted a preliminary investigation, which led them to believe that the two victims had been robbed by four South Asian assailants earlier in Kwai Chung.

The two Pakistani men, who hold Hong Kong identity cards, were reportedly driving a truck transporting a batch of mobile phones along Ta Chuen Ping Street. They claimed that while passing through Ta Chuen Ping Street, they were boarded by two knife-wielding South Asian thieves who physically assaulted them. The assailants ordered the victims to continue driving, and two additional accomplices boarded the truck along the way. They robbed the victims of 43 boxes of mobile phones with an estimated value of HK$28 million before fleeing the scene.

The initial two assailants who boarded the truck forced the victims to disembark in Tan Kwai Tsuen, Hung Shui Kiu, and then drove away in the truck. The 22-year-old driver and his 30-year-old passenger proceeded to seek help in Tong Yan San Tsuen West Road.

Subsequently, law enforcement officers received a report of a truck fire in Shui Mei Road, Pat Heung. The fire was extinguished by firefighters, and upon investigation, it was deemed suspicious. After further investigation, law enforcement officers concluded that the burned vehicle was the same truck involved in the robbery. The cases have been classified as “unlawful confinement,” “robbery,” and “arson.” Authorities are currently investigating the details of the incidents and pursuing the four South Asian suspects, but no arrests have been made thus far. The driver sustained injuries to his shoulder and waist, while the passenger suffered injuries to his shoulder and abdomen. They were conscious and subsequently transported to Pok Oi Hospital for treatment.