Passenger scalded while eating cup noodles on flight from Taipei to HK

1093

21st March 2023 – (Hong Kong) A passenger, surnamed Koo, was scalded by hot water while eating a cup of noodles on a flight from Taipei to Hong Kong on the evening of March 20th. The 25-year-old man suffered burns to his feet in the accident.

Upon being informed of the incident, the crew immediately contacted their colleagues at Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong International Airport and requested an ambulance to meet the plane on arrival. The airport staff were quick to respond, with emergency services arriving on the scene shortly before 11pm.

The injured passenger was transported by ambulance to North Lantau Hospital, where he received treatment for his burns. It is not yet known the severity of his injuries or how long he will remain in hospital. The airline has not released any official statement on the incident.