8th October 2019 – (Hong Kong) MTR announced at 6.56am today that train service is resumed today, however, due to serious vandalism, some stations will not be opened for service, damaged facilities and station entrances/exits in other stations need time to repair. Train service will also be ended at 8pm to allow more time for repair.
Tsuen Wan Line: Train service is normal, Mong Kok Station is closed;
Kwun Tong Line: Train service is normal, Whampoa, Mong Kok and Kwun Tong stations are closed;
Tseung Kwan O Line: Train service is normal, Tseung Kwan O, Hang Hau and Po Lam stations are closed; Free MTR shuttle bus service is operating between Tiu Keng Leng and Po Lam, stopping at Tseung Kwan O and Hang Hau stations.
East Rail Line: Train service is normal, Tai Po Market Station is closed;
West Rail Line: Train service is normal, Siu Hong Station is closed;
Ma On Shan Line: Train service is normal, Che Kung Temple, Sha Tin Wai, City One, Shek Mun and Ma On Shan stations are closed.
Crowd management measures may have to be implemented in some stations and train service may be adjusted. These measures could include closing station entrances/exits, trains not stopping at certain stations or station closures.
Barrier free facilities at stations may not be available for use due to serious damages. Please contact the station to check their status in advance.
Light Rail Route 705, 614, 615 and 751P suspended. Light Rail Route 706 and 751 will be diverted and are maintained in 15-16 minutes interval. Light Rail Route 505, 507, 610, 614P, 615P and 761P are maintained in 15-16 minutes interval. Light Rail Vehicles will not stop at Yau Oi, Tin Wing, Ginza, Tin Wu, Tin Tsz, Locwood, Tin Shui Wai stops and Tai Tong Road Stop Platform 2 because of serious vandalism.
At 8.46am, due to heavy traffic , Tate’s Cairn Highway Kowloon bound is busy. Motorists passing through the above section of road are advised to drive with utmost care and patience .The fast lane of Tolo Highway Kowloon bound near Kwong Fuk Estate which was closed due to traffic accident is re-opened to all traffic. Traffic queue takes time to disperse. In view of services of individual MTR lines are yet to resume normal, the following franchised bus services and Green Minibus services in the affected areas, including the following bus routes to cater for passenger demand and help ease traffic.
(I) Franchised bus
1. Ma On Shan (i) to Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui East (KMB Routes 281A, 281B and 87D); (ii) to Hong Kong Island (Cross Harbour Route 982X).
2. Tsueng Kwan O (i) to Ngau Tau Kok Station (KMB Routes 98A and 296A); (ii) to So Uk (NWFB Route 796C); (iii) to Tsim Sha Tsui (NWFB Route 796P).
3. Mong Kok: Route 234X (Bayview Garden – Tsim Sha Tsui).
4. Kwun Tong: (i) KMB Route 215X (Lam Tin – Tsim Sha Tsui) (ii) to Hong Kong Island (Cross Harbour Routes 601, 601P, 606X and 619).5. Whampoa: KMB Routes 8 & 8P heading to Tsim Sha Tsui and Cross-Harbour Route 115 heading to Central.
6. Tai Po: KMB Route 74C: Departures at 7am and 8am from Kau Lung Hang to Kwun Tong will be diverted via Kwong Fuk; MTR Feeder Bus Routes K12, K14, K17 and K18 are extended to Tai Wo Station.
7. Yuen Long: KMB Routes 68A (special departures from Long Ping to Tuen Mun Road Bus-bus Interchange) and 63X (Hung Shui Kiu to West Kowloon Station).
8. Tuen Mun (i) to Kowloon (KMB Routes 67X and 260X); (ii) to Hong Kong Island (Cross Harbour Route 960).
(II) Green Minibus
1. Kowloon GMB Route 63 plying between Kwun Tong Kwong Tin Estate and Yue Man Square will route via Lei Yue Mun Road Lam Tin MTR Station.
2. Kowloon GMB Route 6 from Whampoa heading to Tsim Sha Tsui will be strengthened and special departures to Hung Hom Station will be operated.
There may be further service adjustment of the daytime GMB routes to cater for passenger demand if situation warrants.
As Tseung Kwan O, Hang Hau and Po Lam MTR stations remain closed, at 6am today, many passengers arrived at Po Lam Station only to find out that train service was suspended. Similar situation occurred at Hang Hou Station where hundreds were seen waiting for minibus and taxis.
Meanwhile, KMB, Citybus and Long Win bus services are fully restored. Ferry and Tramway services remain normal.