Malaysia to issue Interpol Red Alert for ex-Macau triad boss, Wong Kuok-koi aka “Broken Tooth”


1st February 2021 – (Kuala Lumpur) Wong Kuok-koi, a Chinese triad boss known as “Broken Tooth” from Macau who is being investigated by Australia and the US is suspected to be hiding in Malaysia and believed to be persisting in his underworld activities.  Malaysian police will apply for  Red Notice under Interpol to locate and arrest him.

Wan Kuok-koi  popularly known as Broken Tooth is a gangster and former leader of the Macau branch of the 14Ktriad. He was released after more than 14 years in prison on 1st December 2012, and in years following has reportedly been involved in illicit gambling projects in Myanmar associated with illicit drug production and transnational organized crime groups operating in and around the Golden Triangle (Southeast Asia).

According to the departure records of the Malaysian Immigration, Wong was missing after arriving in Hong Kong on 18th March last year. The Malaysian authorities are preparing to apply for a Red Notice from Interpol. The Red Notice is one of the international notices issued by members of Interpol when requesting other members to assist in the investigation of crimes. It is the highest level of notice. It is valid for 5 years and it is renewable.

In December 2020, the United States has designated three individuals from Macau (Wong Kuok-koi), Kyrgyzstan, and Liberia, and three entities from Hong Kong, Palau and Cambodia for sanctions under the Global Magnitsky Act, according to the Treasury web site.

In 2020, a listed company in Malaysia, Inix Technologies Bhd announced the appointment of three new directors — 65-year-old Chinese national Wan Kuok Koi as independent non-executive chairman; Datuk Tan Choon Hwa, 63, as non-independent non-executive vice-chairman; and Lee Han Keat, 42, as an executive director. The Straits Times reported today that the 65-year-old gangster is also now on the Malaysian wanted list for gangsterism and fraud amounting to RM6 million (HK$10,160,000), after he failed to transfer shares of public-listed Inix Technologies Holdings Berhad to a third party as agreed.