Mainland Chinese netizen shares video on social media teaching viewers to enter Disneyland by renting annual pass for only HK$100


16th March 2023 – (Hong Kong) Since the easing of travel restrictions, many mainland Chinese tourists have been visiting Hong Kong and boosting tourism. Recently, a Mainland Chinese netizen visited Hong Kong Disneyland and shared a video on Douyin, a Chinese social media platform, teaching viewers how to rent someone else’s Disneyland annual pass and openly bringing in outside food. The netizen claimed that for only $100, one can enjoy Hong Kong Disneyland to the fullest and boasted that there was no one to stop him.

In the video, the netizen claimed to have only spent over HK$100 for a ticket that usually costs over HK$500. They also recommended renting an annual pass from someone else as buying one is not cost-effective, even though it costs over a thousand dollars. The netizen declared that renting an annual pass is an unregulated activity that is easy to deceive Disneyland staff: “They’re not strict about checking. I went in with a straight face.” He even shared other “cost-saving strategies” such as bringing his food and drinks into the park, claiming that food and drink inside the park are too expensive. He added that he brought bread and drinks into the park and kept it in his backpack.

Although the netizen later consumed food inside the park, they still openly drank an outside drink and even claimed that he brought it in from their hotel, stating that “although it’s not allowed, they didn’t check at the entrance.” Both Mainland and Hong Kong netizens had mixed reactions to the video. Some praised the netizen and even asked for advice on renting an annual pass, while others disapproved of his actions and encouraged others to follow the rules. The video has sparked a heated debate on social media platforms.

It is important to follow the rules and regulations set by the amusement park to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. It is not recommended to rent someone else’s annual pass or bring outside food and drinks into the park.