Knife-wielding woman arrested after quarrel with husband in TCM clinic at Ocean Court, Tai Kok Tsui (Updated: 9.30pm)

Ocean Court

29th March 2023 – (Hong Kong) At around 5pm today, police received a report of a quarrel in a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) clinic located at Ocean Court in Tai Kok Tsui, Hong Kong. According to witnesses, a woman and her husband, a Chinese Medicine Practitioner were arguing inside the clinic when the situation escalated into physical violence. The woman allegedly used a 12-inch meat cleaver to attack her husband, causing injuries to his hands that resulted in blood loss.

Emergency medical services quickly arrived at the scene and provided first aid to the injured man before sending him to the hospital. Thankfully, he remained conscious throughout the ordeal. However, the wife was subsequently arrested by police officers for her involvement in the incident. The authorities are currently investigating the matter to determine the cause and sequence of events.

Eyewitness accounts reveal that the couple was in the clinic with their seven-year-old daughter at the time of the incident. The argument began to escalate quickly, and the wife allegedly grabbed the meat cleaver from the kitchen area of the clinic and used it to attack her husband. The daughter, alarmed by the commotion, left the clinic and called for help from passersby. Meanwhile, the husband also managed to exit the clinic and call for help from the neighbourhood.

Police officers who arrived at the scene promptly cordoned off the area to conduct their investigation. The clinic was temporarily closed, and it remains to be seen when it will resume operations.

According to sources at the scene, the husband and wife were at their clinic with their seven-year-old daughter when an argument broke out. The wife, in a fit of rage, grabbed a 12-inch meat cleaver from the cooking area and attacked her husband with it. Their daughter ran out of the shop screaming for help, while the husband followed suit and alerted the neighbours to call the police.

The wife remained in the shop as the authorities arrived and arrested her. Fortunately, their daughter was unharmed and was taken in by her grandparents who lived nearby. It is suspected that the incident was triggered by financial losses suffered by the couple.