25th April 2019 – (Hong Kong) Junk parties are one of the best Hong Kong’s great pastimes and a unique experience that one can get, around the beautiful islands the territory offers. For those who are not yet familiar with the trending activity, the idea is quite simple. You can rent a boat with you friends or relatives, load it with food and drinks, and spend the day cruising far from the skyscrapers and visit some spectacular beaches, with one-stop worry-free service.
There is no perfect summer in Hong Kong without a proper Junk Party
No summer is complete without a junk trip since Hong Kong offers plenty of possibilities to enjoy its country-side, the feet in some of the clearest waters of Sai Kung, Lamma Island or Po Toi.
Summers in Hong Kong can be quite warm and junk parties are great to unleash and discover another side of the country, however, organizing the trip can be overwhelming and there are various questions you might want to ask yourself before proceeding to the booking:
- Are you looking for a day or night cruise?
- What kind of boat would you like to rent?
- How many attendees will join the party?
- Where would you like to take the boat (Central or Sai Kung)?
- Do you need additional services (e.g. catering, DJ, inflatables…)?
As you probably know, there are various junk boat rental companies like SEA E O Boating,which recently opened with their new charter boat Infinity, and most propose all-inclusive packages to help you managing your trip. It can definitely save your time and help you focusing on the great day you will spend with the ones you love the most.
There are several types of boats you can rent for a day
Not all junk boats parties’ packages are the same. In Hong Kong depending on your budget, they range from all-inclusive junks that offer everything you need such as food, music, and drinks or you can bring your own. Some providers will offer karaoke, water-skiing, wake-boarding and banana boat rides at an extra cost, for a funnier trip!
When it comes to rent a boat in Hong Kong, several options can be considered. Depends of your budget and wishes:
- Luxury Yachts: If you are looking to enjoy a junk party like a boss, a yacht is the best. When it’s time to lay down and enjoy some luxury time with your family or friends, yachts are among the most popular boats Hongkongers like to have. Ranges may vary but it will most likely cost between HKD $730 to HKD $840 per person with an all-inclusive package or HKD $320 for the boat only. Yachts can host 50 guests, maximum.
- Cruisers: They are also considered as premium options to spend a day on the sea and they are suitable for both small groups and big groups since some can be rent for 12 guests. A perfect way to chillax with your family and friends. An all-inclusive luxury cruiser can be rent from HKD $12500 for an intimate ride.
- Junks: The junk boat is the top must-do activity in Hong Kong and they are the cheapest option for a boat trip since you can rent a junk for HKD $6000 for 30 persons. However, if you wish to have an all-inclusive package, price can go up to HKD $790 per person. Note that most of the junks can be taken from Hong Kong Island or Sai Kung.
Get ready for your junk party
Whether it’s your first time or you’re an expert in junk parties, there is always a lot to know for an unforgettable boat trip. As noted above everything is possible from taking in the breathtaking skyline at night to soaking up the sun all day.
The best time to throw your party is on a long weekend or public holidays although the boats are available all day and night so it’s advised to make your booking in advance to secure your boat since they can be full quite quickly, especially during summer time.
While the destinations depend of the weather, you might also want to discuss with your boat rental agent about the places you can visit. There are plenty of bays that will allow you to have great times with your friends but it might be something you want to double check in case you have specific wishes. For instance, Lamma Island is a great destination since you can also enjoy a nice lunch, in one of the best seafood places in Hong Kong.
Lastly, don’t forget to bring everything you will need to enjoy your junk, with, at least:
- Waterproof bags
- Flip Flops
- Scarves (in case it gets windy)
- Swimwear and towel
- Sunblock, hats and sunglasses
- Change of clothes
Spending a day from from the crowded city will give you lots of energy to start a new week. Are you ready for it?