10th June 2021 – (Hong Kong) Hong Kong and Shanghai are well-known for their luxurious offerings, from opulent hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants, world-class spas, to exceptional hospitality. The Langham, Hong Kong and The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi, present the luxurious Hong Kong–Shanghai Private Jet Suite Escapade roundtrip experience, where the starting destination could be from Shanghai or Hong Kong, for six guests.
This experience is to commemorate The Langham brand’s 156th anniversary. Part of the proceeds from this private jet package and other 156th anniversary elevated experiences will be donated to local charities to benefit the local communities where The Langham hotels are located.
“As we mark The Langham’s 156th anniversary, we are humbled that we have come so far and we want to extend our hospitality not only to our loyal guests but also with the communities to which we feel a deep sense of belonging,” according to Marcel Holman, the managing director of The Langham, Hong Kong.
HKD45,000 will be donated to Matilda Children’s Foundation for every booking of this Hong Kong-Shanghai Private Jet Suite Escapade.
He added, “A truly one-of-a-kind adventure, we are providing personalised services to make our guests’ experience as smooth as possible, from take-off to landing, and at every stop in between. With safety, health and comfort our top priorities, VistaJet – the first and only global private aviation company – is the chosen private jet operator for our customers. Its global fleet of over 70 aircraft allows our customers to travel anytime anywhere.”
Robert Hauck, the managing director of The Langham Shanghai, Xintiandi, added, “From the luxurious accommodation to the expertly curated itineraries, our guests will be looked after with the attention to detail, and warm hospitality for which The Langham is renowned.”
Embracing the “new norm”, the package includes a decadent six-night stay (three nights in Hong Kong and three nights in Shanghai) in the signature Chairman Suites in each hotel, roundtrip flights on a private VistaJet aircraft for six passengers between Hong Kong and Shanghai, plus roundtrip airport transfers in a private vehicle, spa treatments, Michelin dining experiences, local tours led by our Head Concierge.
Hong Kong Itinerary
· A chauffeur-driven Bentley ready to whisk you to The Langham, Hong Kong.
· Relax and unwind in the morning by our outdoor swimming pool, which is set in a serene environment, to swim and to soak up the sun. The pool also comes with a spacious deck where you can lounge around.
· In the afternoon, visit Chuan Body + Soul for a 60-minute massage to reclaim your senses.
· By evening, a 5-course dinner with wine pairing in a private dining room awaits you at three Michelin starred T’ang Court.
· With one of the most breath-taking city views in the world, Hong Kong also offers spectacular views of its multiple islands and rolling mountains. Accompanied by Head Concierge Steven Wong, your city tour begins in the morning with a five-star helicopter experience soaring above the iconic Victoria Harbour, the city area of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. Then, take in the magnificent nature in style flying over unbeatable aerial views of country park mountains of Sai Kung and get up close to the Big Buddha, the tallest outdoor bronze sitting Buddha in the world.
· From the Sheungwan heliport, within minutes you will arrive at Peel Street, Central. Your next stop is the Yuet Tung China Works porcelain factory. Hong Kong is well-known for its uniquely painted porcelain known as Gangcai, which combines Chinese and Western cultural elements, and comprises an integral part of the city’s art history. In line with The Langham brand’s focus on craftsmanship and art appreciation, you will have first-hand experience on seeing the splendour of locally-made and intricate porcelain by expert craftsmen, and have the opportunity to join hands with them on putting together handmade artefacts.
· The next stop is the Central pier where you will hop on board the luxurious Milkyway cruiser to sail across Victoria Harbour, and around local waters passing sites including the Aberdeen Harbour with the traditional junk boats, learn about the history of Stanley Fort and see Hong Kong’s high-end Repulse Bay neighbourhood, from the sea.
· In the evening, be dazzled by Hong Kong’s Avenue of Stars, which is modelled on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. Wrapping around Tsim Sha Tsui’s promenade, you will be able to see Hong Kong’s biggest entertainment stars’ celebrity handprints and statues.
Day 4 Hong Kong to Shanghai
· A Bentley car will transport you to the private jet terminal where you will continue your trip aboard your VistaJet aircraft to Shanghai, China’s biggest city.
· Upon touching down at the private jet terminal in Shanghai, The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi, will be welcoming you with a luxurious Rolls-Royce pick-up. Located in the heart of Shanghai’s entertainment hub, The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi is also located next to the retail utopia of Huai Hai Road, known as the Champs Elysees of the East.
Day 5 (Half-day Morning Tour)
· The riverside of Shanghai boasts an incredible wealth of architecture and the itinerary begins with a morning stroll along the famous The Bund, guided by Head Concierge Dennis Wang. While admiring these monumental buildings in the historic The Bund, that overlooks Huangpu River and Pudong, hear the stories behind these buildings, which were once known as the Oriental Wall Street of 1930’s.
· The Yu Garden and Old Shanghai Street are the next stop. Known for its traditional architecture, Yu Garden means Garden of Peace and Comfort in Chinese, and although it was completed in 1577 during the Ming Dynasty, the traditional buildings are still maintained till this day. Occupying 2 hectares or 5 acres, the Garden is a maze of Ming Dynasty pavilions, elaborate rockeries, arched bridges, goldfish ponds, all encircled by an undulating dragon wall.
· The area surrounding the Yu Garden makes up the Old Shanghai Street area and was known in colonial times as the ‘Chinese City’. Divided into eastern and western sections, the eastern section retains characteristics of residences in the late Qing Dynasty and early Republican days, and has a variety of shops, including florists, shoe and clothing retailers, noodle restaurants, and specialty dealers selling Chinese tea and snacks. While, the western side’s antique shops, restaurants and teahouses, have retained their Ming and Qing Dynasty architectural elements.
Day 6 (Half-day Afternoon Tea)
· In the afternoon, you will be chauffeured to the Jade Buddha Temple. One of Shanghai’s few active Buddhist monasteries, this temple was built between 1918 and 1928. The Jade Buddha Temple is famous for its large collection of carved and porcelain statues of Buddha but the highlight is a transcendent Buddha crafted from pure jade. The temple also offers free calligraphy writing experience.
· By evening, Dennis will bring you to the southern side of the French Concession district to visit Taikang Lu (Tai Kang Road), which is a blooming enclave for arts and crafts stores. Set in a Chinese-colonial mixed alley atmosphere, it is an example of preservation of local Shikumen architecture, with some similarities to Xintiandi.
Day 7 Shanghai to Hong Kong
· Step on board your VistaJet cabin for the return flight to Hong Kong.
· Roundtrip flights on a VistaJet aircraft for six passengers between Hong Kong and Shanghai
· World-class fine dining experience onboard VistaJet
· Three nights’ accommodation in the Chairman suite in The Langham, Hong Kong for four persons, and three nights’ accommodation in the Director Suite in The Langham, Hong Kong for two persons
· Three nights’ accommodation in the Chairman suite in The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi for four persons, and three nights’ accommodation the Presidential Suite in The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi for two persons
· Roundtrip airport transfers in a private vehicle for six passengers for both Hong Kong and Shanghai
· 60-minute massage for six persons at Chuan Body + Soul, The Langham, Hong Kong
· 5-course Dinner with Wine Pairing for six persons at Three Michelin Starred T’ang Court, The Langham, Hong Kong
· One full-day customised local tour in Shanghai led by Head Concierge
· One full-day customised local tour in Hong Kong led by Head Concierge (including a private helicopter ride and a luxury cruiser cruise)
Stay period: Within 6 months after Mainland China/Hong Kong border reopens
Lead time: 4 weeks in advance
Terms & Conditions:
· All bookings are subject to availability and please contact our Reservations for booking enquiry.
· Non-refundable and non-cancellable. No amendment is allowed once booking is confirmed.
· Full prepayment is required at the point of reservation.
To book, click here.