1st July 2019 – (Hong Kong) Siu Ma Shan is a 424 m high hill on Hong Kong Island. The trail is part of Wilson Trail Stage 2.
During the beginning, you will only see Quarry Bay, Tai Koo IFC and ICC before you reach the top. You can also see Kowloon Peak in the distant background and if you walk further towards a junction, turn left to continue on a Southern Trail before passing Siu Man Shan Bridge to start your trail.
Once you reach the top, you will be able to see the entire Tai Tam Reservoir surrounded by trees. Amongst the greens, Hong Kong Parkview tower stands out like a sore thumb. Bring lots of fluids as you can easily suffer from heat stroke due to lack of shades on the trail.
1. Head to Tin Hau MTR
2. Take Exit A or B and into Tin Hau Station Public Transport Interchange
3. From here, catch the green minibus 49M
4. Alight at the Braemar Hill bus terminus, and walk across the street and down the steps to the path along the Joan of Arc Secondary School.
Or 1. Head to Central
2. Take bus number 25 from Statue square (17 stops /roughly 25 mins)
3. Get off on Choi Sai Woo park , Braemar Hill Road
4. Walk towards Siu Ma Shan Bridge
5. Cross the Siu Ma Shan Bridge and start to climb the stairs . The path is quite secluded and you may need to clamber at times along the way.