Giant cockroach found in pork knuckle and ginger stew in restaurant in Chai Wan

2423

1st August 2020 – (Hong Kong) A customer who went to a chain restaurant at Hong Man Street in Chai Wan and ordered a pork knuckle and ginger stew during lunch time today found a giant cockroach in it.

The customer went to the restaurant with her mother and two kids. They sat separately at two tables and ordered the stew. She found the cockroach after eating some pork knuckle. She immediately informed the restaurant employee and told her that the bill would be waived. She then informed Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) as she feared she may suffer from food poisoning. Officers from FEHD arrived 30 minutes later.

Apart from the stew, she also ordered a roast pigeon which was not cooked properly.

Comments