Fire erupts in Wan Chai restaurant as kitchen worker accidentally ignites grease fire

139

11th July 2024 – (Hong Kong) At 5.15am today, a fire broke out in Co-Winner Restaurant located at 307-311 Jaffe Road in Wan Chai. The incident occurred when a kitchen worker was cooking and suspected that the grease hood suddenly caught fire, causing thick smoke to billow out. Responding to the call, firefighters swiftly arrived at the scene and swiftly extinguished the flames. Following an investigation, authorities believe the fire was accidental with no suspicious circumstances.

Fortunately, no evacuation was necessary during the incident, and no injuries were reported. According to sources, the fire is believed to have been triggered when a kitchen worker accidentally ignited a grease fire while frying pork oil.