Fire breaks out at Sai Ying Pun restaurant as staff member accidentally ignites object on stove, nearly 10 residents above evacuate safely

266

20th April 2024 – (Hong Kong) At approximately 1.02am today, a vigilant citizen noticed thick smoke emanating from a restaurant located at 148, Third Street, Sai Ying Pun and promptly alerted the authorities. The fire department responded immediately, deploying firefighting equipment to combat the blaze. After approximately 15 minutes of intense efforts, the fire was successfully extinguished. Preliminary investigations suggest that the fire was sparked by an object accidentally ignited on the stove by a staff member.

During the incident, nearly 10 residents took swift action and evacuated the building on their own accord, seeking temporary refuge on lower floors. Fortunately, no injuries were reported as a result of the fire.