Debris on staircase catches fire in Sham Shui Po apartment building, one man sent to hospital

113

4th December 2021 – (Hong Kong) At 4.20am today (4th), heavy smoke came out of a residential building at No. 15 Wong Chuk Street, Sham Shui Po. Residents saw the incident and called the police for help. After receiving the report, the firefighters dispatched a search and rescue team to the scene for rescue, and found that there was debris on fire on the stairs between the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building. Officers then extinguished the fire.

A 26-year-old foreign man who was suspected to be unwell after inhaling smoke had to be sent to hospital by ambulance for treatment. The cause of the fire remains to be investigated.

Comments