Customer falls sick after drinking tea with big cockroach from restaurant in Tung Chung

22nd May 2019 – (Hong Kong) A customer allegedly bought takeaway food including a bottled tea from Tung Shing Lau Restaurant at G/F, 94 Chun Hou Street, Ma Wan Chun, Tung Chung. He drank halfway and was shocked to discover a big roach in the tea. He immediately consulted doctor after falling sick for two days. He was prescribed antibiotics.

He eventually went back to the restaurant yesterday to make a complaint and ask for a refund of the takeaway food. The hostile staff in-charge rebuked him and reluctantly returned the money. Feeling aggrieved, he posted the picture on social media and vented his discontent over the incident as he did not even ask for the medical expenses of HK$320 incurred.

The customer should have reported the incident to Food and Environmental Hygiene Department instead.

Picture credit : Johnny So

Tung Shing Lau Restaurant at G/F, 94 Chun Hou Street, Ma Wan Chun, Tung Chung. Picture credit : Openrice