23rd February 2021 – (Hong Kong) The government announced that as of 4pm today, all COVID-19 vaccination appointments for this period from 26th February to 11th March have been filled, and about 70,000 citizens have made appointments for the first and second doses of CoronaVAC vaccines online.
The priority vaccination will be given to the five groups as below:
1. Healthcare staff and staff involved in anti-epidemic work;
2. Persons aged 60 or above (A maximum of two carers who accompany elderly people aged 70 or above can also receive vaccination);
3. Residents and staff of residential care homes for the elderly and persons with disabilities;
4. People providing essential public services;
5. People providing cross-boundary transportation or working at control points and ports.
There will be four channels of vaccination, namely 29 Community Vaccination Centres (CVCs) in the 18 districts across the territory, over 1,200 private doctors of more than 1,500 clinics participating in the programme, 18 general out-patient clinics of the Hospital Authority (HA), as well as residential care homes for the elderly and for persons with disabilities.