16th September 2023 – (Hong Kong) Two twin brothers were found dead in a unit in Parcville, Yuen Long, where they had allegedly taken their own lives by carbon monoxide poisoning. The younger brother’s girlfriend, worried about his prolonged absence, accompanied their mother to the residence and made a shocking discovery of a foul smell emanating from the unit. They immediately alerted the authorities for assistance. Upon breaking into the premises, the police and fire department confirmed the lifeless bodies of the twins, with a charcoal burner nearby. The case is being treated as a double-death investigation.
At 4.07pm today, the police received a report from a woman stating that she had lost contact with her boyfriend for several days. Concerned, she went to investigate their unit in Parcville, Yuen Long. Upon arriving at the entrance, she detected an unusual odour and suspected her boyfriend had collapsed inside the premises. She promptly called for help. When the authorities arrived and conducted an inspection, they discovered the bodies of two men inside, one of whom was the woman’s boyfriend. The police are currently conducting a thorough investigation and suspect that the deaths may have been the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
It is understood that the deceased twin brothers were surnamed Wong and aged 40. Both worked as part-time electricians and rented the unit in question. The older brother had recently experienced a breakup with his girlfriend and was facing financial difficulties, which led him to move in with his younger brother at the said address. The younger brother also had a strained relationship with his girlfriend, a 40-year-old woman named Tsui, and had been attempting to reconcile with her, albeit unsuccessfully.
On Tuesday (12th), Tsui had visited the residence to look for the younger brother, but received no response when she knocked on the door. She tried to open the door but found it locked, assuming that the younger brother did not want to see her, and left. Today, Tsui discovered that the younger brother had been out of contact for several days and grew increasingly concerned for his well-being. She decided to revisit the unit accompanied by the twins’ mother, only to find a foul smell permeating from the premises. Consequently, they contacted the authorities for assistance.
Upon entering the unit by force, the police and fire department discovered that all the windows were closed, with the air conditioning and lights left on. The twin brothers were found lying on the bed in the bedroom, clearly deceased, with a charcoal burner nearby. No suicide note was found at the scene. Preliminary investigations suggest that the older brother was troubled by relationship and financial issues, while the younger brother’s mental state was affected by relationship problems. The case has now been handed over to the Serious Crime Unit of the Yuen Long Police District for further investigation.
If you have suicidal tendencies or depression, please call the 24-hour multi-lingual hotline at The Samaritans Hong Kong : 28960000.