7th June 2019 – (Hong Kong) A customer, Cindy Lo, went to Palace Club at Shop 126, 1/F, Metro Harbour Plaza, 8 Fuk Lee Streer, Tai Kok Tsui today to have dim sum during noon and was shocked to find a cockroach inside a dumpling. Horrified by the experience, she immediately complained to the restaurant manager who offered her a replacement dish.
Feeling disgusted, she refused to continue eating at the outlet and shared the photo on social media with a caption, “I just had dim sum at Palace Club in Tai Kok Tsui. Feeling nauseated.’
Early in February, a cockroach was found by a netizen inside the sauce of a dim sum dish served at Royal Courtyard restaurant, Kings Wing Plaza, On Kwan Street, Sha Tin.
Recently on 28th May, a cockroach was found in a curry beef rice at a Fairwood Restaurant.
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department should conduct regular checks on local restaurants to ensure that the food safety is not compromised.