54 year-old woman suffers from food poisoning after eating wild mushrooms plucked from roadside in Sai Kung


15th May 2019 – (Hong Kong) A 54 year old woman plucked some wild mushrooms from the roadside of Ma Yau Tong Road in Sai Kung on 13th May and cooked them at home. She suffered food poisoning after eating them.

Centre for Health Protection is currently investigating the case and the spokesperson has warned the public against consuming unidentified wild mushrooms.

The victim suffered from stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea 13 hours after eating the mushrooms. She was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of Queen Elizabeth Hospital for emergency treatment today.