POSTED BY: ILAC
Simple and affordable ways to help you stay warm when it’s freezing outside!
1) Put down a rug or carpet, you can get cheap ones at Japan Store, Pricerite or order from Taobao.com. They are warmer to walk on and will help stop heat loss through the floor.
2) Check your windows and doors. Keep your windows closed (obviously) if you feel any cold air coming in, line them with towels. Also if you feel any cold air coming under a door, again stuff a towel at the bottom.
3) Drink warm beverages like tea, coffee, hot chocolate, hot water with lemon, they will comfort and warm you up.
4) Exercise – Keep active and keep that heart rate up, this will help the blood move around your body. A great (but not cheap) exercise to try at this time is Hot Yoga, it will help you stay warm and burn off all those Christmas treats you ate! Find a studio in your neighbourhood, but beware – it can be tough for beginners. Awesome. But tough.
5) Light some candles – BE CAREFUL: DO NOT LEAVE THEM UNATTENDED! You can them from the dollar store.
6) Dress warmly – lots of layers – turtlenecks, slippers, an extra pair of socks, tights/nylons. Most of these items can be found at the dollar store.
7) Buy a heating pad or make your own. Microwave socks filled with rice, corn kernels or beans for one minute in the microwave.
8) Use a hair dryer as a quick way to warm up extra cold parts of your body. Blow some hot air into your boots or in between the sheets on your bed before you go to sleep.
9) Take a hot shower or bath and put on lotion or oil when you get out to keep the heat in your skin.
10) Snuggle with a friend or someone you love! The body heat will help keep you both warm.